Education & MentoringADULT EDUCATION
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, workman who does not need to be ashamed and correctly handles the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
The Adult Education program is designed to provide numerous and varied opportunities for people to grow in their knowledge and life application of Biblical principles.
- Signature is comprised of four sessions focused on helping students determine their Abilities, Gifts, Ardor, Personality, and Experience (AGAPE) so they discover the ministry signature God has given them to live in passionate service of our King.
- Contagious Christianity is comprised of six sessions focused on providing each student with the tools necessary to effectively share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the lost. This class is based upon the book Becoming a Contagious Christian by Bill Hybels and Mark Mittleberg.
- Financial Principles is comprised of four sessions and is designed to teach Biblical financial principles that will put your budget on the right track.
Each of these classes are scheduled periodically throughout the year. Watch your bulletin or the midweek e-newsletter for updates.
“He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.”
- Purpose: Living Faith is a Bible study designed to help believers grow in their commitment to being sold-out followers of Christ.
- Plan: This Bible study is done in a small group setting with one facilitator and no more than three participants. Participants complete the study each week that includes reading, journaling, and application. The group meets once per week to discuss the study. Topics of study include:
- The Word & Quiet Time
- The Lordship of Christ & God's Will
- The Church
- The Holy Spirit & Spiritual Gifts
- Women should contact Tami Rosin @ 425-413-1923
- Men should contact Alan Hannaford @ 360-886-8045
“We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.” (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
Purpose: the Mentoring program is designed to match new believers in Christ in a one-on-one relationship with a more mature Christian for the purpose of nurturing the spiritual development of that new Christian through the first stage of new life in Christ.
Program: This is a one-year program which uses the Bible, The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and a notebook with questions for study, meditation and discussion.
Prerequisite: New believers in Christ within the last two years, who are 18 years of age or older.
Enrollment: This program is open year-round to anyone who is new in their faith and desires to better understand what it means to be a Christian, and how to get involved in the life of the Body at LSCC.
Cost: materials are provided (except participant must purchase his/her own copy of The Purpose Driven Life)
Alan Hannaford @ 360-886-8045
Call and get started today. You will be so glad you did!