TajikistanTajikistan 2014 Missions Trip
Lake Sawyer Christian Church has been sponsoring missionaries and their work in Tajikistan for over eight years. Located in Central Asia, Tajikistan continues to face difficult challenges arising from geography, history, institutional weaknesses, and the global economic crisis. The nation’s primary religion is Sunni Islam and while the Christian church is established, the presence is very small.
This year’s missionary team from LSCC is going into the Northern part of the country (Khudjand) in March 2014. The emphasis of this trip will be on ministering to orphans, widows, and at-risk families in cities located in the northern part of the country. During this trip, some of our adventures include:
- Widows: Meet physical & spiritual need.
- Homeless: Provide a meal, healthcare and counseling for some of the local homeless.
- Orphans: Complete a number of projects within two orphanages that care for children with severe mental and physical disabilities.
- Work with local church leaders to provide discipleship training.
- Young Adults: Teach English language skills to over forty 16-24 year old students, using our personal testimonies and the Word of God as teaching tools.
Please keep this trip and our team in your prayers. Specifically:
- God will continue to keep the doors open for entry into the country.
- For the team’s planning of the activities and for everyone that will be impacted by them.
- For the necessary resources to complete all of the projects.
- For the protection of the team and God’s glorification of our efforts.
- For the financial needs of the team to be met.
Mike LaJune, Kyle Serquinia, Gary Krieger, Cindy Schafer, Dusty Robbins, Anissa Johnson, Tracey Robbins, & Kris Krieger.
Total cost of trip: $32,000
Contact Cindy Schafer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Click Here to give to the 2014 Tajikistan Mission Trip.