TajikistanTajikistan 2012 Missions Trip
Lake Sawyer Christian Church has been sponsoring missionaries and their work in Tajikistan for over seven years. Located in Central Asia, Tajikistan continues to face difficult challenges arising from geography, history, institutional weaknesses, and the global economic crisis. The nation’s primary religion is Sunni Islam and while the Christian church is established, the presence is very small.
This year’s missionary team from LSCC is going into the Northern part of the country (Khudjand) from April 22nd through May 5th. The emphasis of this trip will be on ministering to orphans, widows and at-risk families in cities located in the northern part of the country. During this trip we are planning to:
- Widows: Deliver a month of food to a dozen widows and complete a series of maintenance projects at the home of one who is paralyzed.
- Homeless: Provide a meal, healthcare and counseling for over forty of the local homeless.
- Orphans: Complete a number of projects within two orphanages that care for children with severe mental and physical disabilities.
- Children: Provide meals and a day of activities for over 100 foster and at risk children
- Young Adults: Teach English language skills to over forty 16-24 year old students, using our personal testimonies and the Word of God as teaching tools.
- Families: Helping to build out rooms in the church’s new Hope Center, which provides transitional living support to over a dozen at-risk families.
- God will continue to keep the doors open for entry into the country.
- For the team’s planning of the activities and for everyone that will be impacted by them.
- For the necessary resources to complete all of the projects.
- For the protection of the team and God’s glorification of our efforts.
Dusty (Leader) & Tracey Robbins, Kris & Gary Krieger, Cyndy Moore and Cindy Schafer
Total cost of trip: $19,000
Contact Dusty Robbins at email@example.com for more information
Click Here to give to the 2012 Tajikistan Mission Trip.
Once you’ve created your weblink account, click ‘select’ next to your name in the household listing. Your name will appear on the form as an ‘attendee’ – disregard. Follow the instructions on the form to select a mission team member to donate on behalf of and the amount you would like to donate. Click ‘continue’ and follow the online instructions.