Who We Are: People of VisionPEOPLE OF VISION
For a detailed, printer-friendly brochure, CLICK HERE.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Simply stated it is: To turn lost people into sold-out followers of Christ. We believe the primary purpose of our existence is to bring people into a relationship with Jesus and nurture their total commitment to Him.
We have come to that conclusion by looking at His life which demonstrated this stated purpose and in His own words, "For the Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10) and by deciding to obey his final command to each of us, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..." (Matthew 28:19)
- Lost people matter to God, therefore they matter to us. ”For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.” Luke 19:10
- Biblical teaching is essential to growth and maturity. ”All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Life change happens best in small groups. ”Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Christ-followers meet weekly to honor, worship, and celebrate God. ”Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25
- Families are mandated by God to pass on His values. ”These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- Christ-followers use their God-given resources to advance the kingdom. ”Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
- Biblical unity is practiced in word and action. “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
- God deserves excellence in all we do. "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17