Giving is Now Easier!
In providing this service, we offer you the convenience of being able to give the way you want, whenever you want. Online Giving lets you make secure, automatic contributions from your bank account or credit card to our church. Online Giving costs you nothing and provides many advantages to you and the church:
Benefits for You
Benefits for the Church
- Timely – By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you establish your gift to God as a priority in your budget.
- Simplicity – You will not need to remember if you gave this month or to send in an offering check when you are out of town.
- Security – An online gift cannot be lost or stolen.
- No Distractions - Instead of needing to worry about writing your contribution check during the service, you can be fully engaged with the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Convenient – You can give and manage your contributions 24/7 having full access to your giving history and print your contribution statement online.
- Saves $$$ - It is more cost effective for the church to process online contributions. Even with the online merchant fees, administrative costs are significantly lowered because there is no need to manually process and deposit checks or post contributions as they are automatically posted to your account.
- Increases Offering –Offering levels are increased because members appreciate the convenience of setting up recurring contributions.
- Stabilizes Budget – Members giving patterns stabilize allowing LSCC to have more accurate revenue forecasting.
We use an online database called Fellowship One. This system enables us to provide you with secure access to your contribution records and allows you to make donations online. Fellowship One provides all of the security for the system. Fellowship One is used by churches throughout the country.
There are two aspects of security related to the system. First, Fellowship One provides data security using the latest technology and best practices. The following statement is from their security documentation: "[the system] utilizes the most current encryption technology to maintain the security of your data. Every parameter passed in the hyperlinks is fully encrypted. Additionally, the Login module handles passwords using what is known in technical terms as salted hash. In laymen's terms, this means it would take 50 computers (running constantly) continuously presenting password combinations four years to discover the password."
The second aspect of security relates to account creation. When you first create a new account in the system, you will be able to donate immediately, but you will not have access to any previous contribution information. Before that can happen, we must manually link your previous information to the account you created. In order to verify the authenticity of the account request, we will ensure that all of your data matches our current records (e.g., address, phone number, and email address). If there is any question, we will contact you via email before creating the link. Since this is a manual process, we will perform these steps approximately once a week.
When you create your account, you will determine your own login id and password. If you forget your login id or password, you can have the system email it to you by entering the email address that you used when you created your account. If you need help or cannot remember the email address you used, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also change your password at any time.
Please help us keep your information safe by protecting your login information. Access to sensitive personal and financial information can be gained by letting someone else use your account or by leaving the information for someone else to see. We will never call you to ask for your login information.
Your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions.
You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled to run. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for giving! Every dollar you give goes directly towards helping turn lost people into sold-out followers of Jesus Christ!